Students complete their first three semesters in another of the schools or colleges of the University (at either Storrs or one of the regional campuses) or a two or four-year accredited college or university other than the University of Connecticut and enter the Athletic Training program in the spring semester of sophomore year. The maximum enrollment in each program is determined by the Dean in consultation with program administrators.
The Athletic Training Education major is a competitive and selective academic program that prepares students for a professional career in the field of Athletic Training.
- Students apply for admission during their third semester at UConn.
- Applications are due November 1 for spring admission (we admit once per year).
- Students must enroll in EKIN 2100, 2110 and 3100 during the fall semester they are applying for admission.
- Students must meet the technical standards.
- Transfer students must be accepted and on the Storrs campus during the FALL semester they plan to apply to the program. This will require transfer students to apply separately to UConn and the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources.
- Students are encouraged to contact Dr. Stephanie Mazerolle, Director, Professional Bachelors Athletic Training Program at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials received by the deadline. Applications will be graded and ranked according to a rubric (Admin Rubric).
For admissions information and other advising resources, please visit Academic Programs.